It seems people were even more turned off by Mike Meyers’ latest than I’d anticipated.
- Get Smart ($39.2 million)
- Kung Fu Panda ($21.7 million)
- The Incredible Hulk ($21.6 million)
- The Love Guru ($14 million)
- The Happening ($10 million)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($8.4 million)
- You Don’t Mess With the Zohan ($7.2 million)
- Sex and the City ($6.5 million)
- Iron Man ($4 million)
- The Strangers ($1.9 million)
I caught Get Smart over the weekend, and I thought it was a lot of fun. Steve Carell was great, Anne Hathaway was lovely, and the rest of the cast kept pace. As much as I liked it, my boomer parents loved it and belly-laughed through the entire film. It gets a solid 3 ½ stars from me.
It was a movie-filled week for me:
- Domino (2 stars)
- The Shop Around the Corner (3 stars)
- Nick of Time (3 stars, and interesting as a precursor to premise for both 24 and Saw)
- Numb (2 stars)
- This is Spinal Tap (3 stars)
And most importantly, I finished my read-through and edits on Tea. So, I now have a shiny, new second draft ready for readers. If there are any volunteers out there who have two or three hours to dedicate to reading this aspiring screenwriter’s work, let me know. I will reciprocate with 1) reading/editing something of yours, 2) giving you an acknowledgment if I ever publish a novel, 3) a coffee drink of your choice, and/or 4) a hug.