Hi! I’m Elizabeth Ditty. I live in Kansas City, but my mind is often elsewhere. I can be summoned with wine, coffee, or enough time for a power nap. I write things. Nice to meet you!
As a screenwriter, I’ve been an Austin Film Festival semifinalist and three-time second rounder, and I’m so excited to be on the 2020 Bitch List. (It’s a good thing, I swear!) Scroll on down for available projects.
Prose & Poetry
My published prose and poetry can be found in the following benevolent journals & lit mags:
- Memoir Mixtapes, Vol. 7, Track 20 – Just a Girl (creative nonfiction)
- L’Éphémère Review, Issue 12 – Pigeons (creative nonfiction)
- Moonchild Magazine, Issue 5 – Spark (flash fiction)
- Memoir Mixtapes, Vol. 9, Track 01 – Sweet Child O’ Mine (as Sung by Taken by Trees) (creative nonfiction)
- Tiny Essays – Exit & Enter (creative nonfiction)
- Black Bough Poetry, Issue 3: Yolk – Spider (micropoetry)
- Memoir Mixtapes – Ditty Recommends: The Next Right Thing by Kristen Bell from Frozen 2 (an essay on the loss of my father)
If you’re interested in reading any of the projects below, please feel free to email me or DM me on twitter.
Hellcats of the Caribbean | Limited Series (Pilot) | Historical Drama/Adventure
Two women trade their ordinary lives for piracy and find adventure, romance, freedom and friendship along the way. Inspired by the true stories of Anne Bonny and Mary Read.
- The Bitch List 2020
- 2017 & 2018 Austin Film Festival Second Rounder
- 2018 Screencraft Pilot Launch Quarterfinalist
- 2019 TSL Quarterfinalist
- No. 1 on Coverfly’s 2019 Red List for 1-Hour Adventure Dramas
- Currently optioned as part of potential anthology series REBEL WOMEN, seeking attachments and production partners (contact for more information)
The Family Jewels | Feature | Romantic Dramedy
After discovering a family secret following her mother’s death, a woman embarks on an emergency road trip to reconcile her parents’ life, her own entanglements, & her relationships with her siblings.
- 2018 Austin Film Festival Second Rounder
- 2019 Screencraft Drama Quarterfinalist
’Til Death Parts Us | Feature | Dramedy
When a woman accidentally kills her husband on the eve of his retirement party, the last thing she expects is him to return as a ghost hell-bent on making her life even more miserable than before. But when their antics take a toll on their grown daughter & her family, they must decide what’s more important: everything did wrong or the things they can still make right.
- 2011 Austin Film Festival Semifinalist
- 2010 BlueCat Semifinalist
Harker | Feature | Horror/Drama
When an evil most foul descends on London, a band of friends both new and old, bound by shared tragedy and anchored by Mina Harker and her husband Jonathan, must team together to save humanity — and one of their own — from a fate worse than death. (An adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.)