Hi! I’m Elizabeth Ditty. I live in Kansas City, but my mind is often elsewhere. I can be summoned with wine, coffee, or enough time for a power nap. I write things. Nice to meet you!
As a screenwriter, I’ve been an Austin Film Festival semifinalist and three-time second rounder, and I’m so excited to be on the 2020 Bitch List. (It’s a good thing, I swear!) Scroll on down for available projects.
Prose & Poetry
My published prose and poetry can be found in the following benevolent journals & lit mags:
- Memoir Mixtapes, Vol. 7, Track 20 – Just a Girl (creative nonfiction)
- L’Éphémère Review, Issue 12 – Pigeons (creative nonfiction)
- Moonchild Magazine, Issue 5 – Spark (flash fiction)
- Memoir Mixtapes, Vol. 9, Track 01 – Sweet Child O’ Mine (as Sung by Taken by Trees) (creative nonfiction)
- Tiny Essays – Exit & Enter (creative nonfiction)
- Black Bough Poetry, Issue 3: Yolk – Spider (micropoetry)
- Memoir Mixtapes – Ditty Recommends: The Next Right Thing by Kristen Bell from Frozen 2 (an essay on the loss of my father)
Additionally, I am delighted that my micropoem, Spider, is a part of Arachne Press‘s 8th anniversary anthology, No Spider Harmed in the Making of This Book. If a 144-page book of poems and stories about spiders sounds up your alley, then this is the anthology for you! Available for pre-order now.
If you’re interested in reading any of the projects below, please feel free to email me or DM me on twitter.
Hellcats of the Caribbean | Limited Series (Pilot) | Historical Drama/Adventure
Two women trade their ordinary lives for piracy and find adventure, romance, freedom and friendship along the way. Inspired by the true stories of Anne Bonny and Mary Read.
- The Bitch List 2020
- 2017 & 2018 Austin Film Festival Second Rounder
- 2018 Screencraft Pilot Launch Quarterfinalist
- 2019 TSL Quarterfinalist
- No. 1 on Coverfly’s 2019/2020 Red List for 1-Hour Adventure Dramas
- Currently packaged as part of anthology series REBEL WOMEN, seeking attachments and production partners (contact for more information)
The Family Jewels | Feature | Romantic Dramedy
After discovering a family secret following her mother’s death, a woman embarks on an emergency road trip to reconcile her parents’ life, her own entanglements, & her relationships with her siblings.
- 2018 Austin Film Festival Second Rounder
- 2019 Screencraft Drama Quarterfinalist
’Til Death Parts Us | Feature | Dramedy
When a woman accidentally kills her husband on the eve of his retirement party, the last thing she expects is him to return as a ghost hell-bent on making her life even more miserable than before. But when their antics take a toll on their grown daughter & her family, they must decide what’s more important: everything did wrong or the things they can still make right.
- 2011 Austin Film Festival Semifinalist
- 2010 BlueCat Semifinalist
Harker | Feature | Horror/Drama
When an evil most foul descends on London, a band of friends both new and old, bound by shared tragedy and anchored by Mina Harker and her husband Jonathan, must team together to save humanity — and one of their own — from a fate worse than death. (An adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.)